Location services are required to be on for your photo submissions for any task that requires a photo. If this option is not turned on and you proceed with the task, you will have to submit an explanation (must be at least 25 characters) that will be reviewed by the Customer explaining why you did not turn this feature on and decided to proceed.
📌 Keep in mind that if you do not turn this feature on, this may affect the Customer's ability to confirm the work was complete, and they may dispute that task, ultimately resulting in non-payment. Each Customer has the right to dispute any task that is not completed or does not have all the requirements of the task met.
To enable Geotagging for photos for IOS (iPhone):
- Go to your phone's 'Settings'
- Click on 'Privacy & Security'
- Make sure Location Services is On
- Go to 'Camera'
- Find the Hyer app and toggle 'On'
To enable Geotagging for photos for Android phones:
- Go to 'Settings'
- Click 'Privacy'
- Select 'Location' or 'Location and Security' (for some versions) - make sure Location Services is turned On.
- Within the same screen, there will be the 'App permissions' option just right below it - Click on it to proceed then a list of apps will appear.
- Scroll down to find the Camera app, click on it, then set it to 'Allowed All The Time'
📌Keep in mind that with an Android device only, if you need to upload pictures for a survey, you must use the Photo app. If you attempt to upload a picture from the Gallery app, it will error out. Click 👉 here to learn how to change your default photo app.