We want all taskers and customers to have a safe experience while working on the Hyer app. As a tasker, you are a 1099 independent contractor and, as such, will need to be sure to read all of the details when applying for a task. We have many customers that we work with, and as they are all separate entities, they may have certain requirements that are to be followed when working on a task on-site with them. Please be sure to read the detailed description of the job in its entirety to ensure you are compliant with the store’s regulations that they follow regarding COVID.
What do I do if I test positive?
- If you test positive for COVID-19, the CDC guidelines are that you stay home for 5 days regardless of vaccination status. If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 4 days, you can leave your house. Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days. If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
- Cancel all your upcoming tasks that would interfere with this timeline. You are responsible for canceling your tasks. If you fail to cancel your tasks at least 6 hours in advance or you no-show a scheduled task, you will receive a breach on your account. Please see the help center articles at the bottom of the page for more information on canceling tasks and breaches to your account.
If I test positive for COVID, when can I return to work?
- Per CDC guidelines, isolate for 5 days; if you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 4 days, you can leave your house. Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days. (please note that certain customers may have a different policy than this)
Do I have to wear a mask?
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, CDC recommends wearing a mask for 10 days. Again, note that each Customer may have a different policy on wearing masks even if you have not tested positive. Read the task’s detailed instructions and signs posted at the task site and follow the direction given by management while on site.
Do you require proof of vaccination status to apply or work tasks?
- Hyer does not require proof of vaccination to be a Tasker on the platform.
- However, each Customer may have a different policy on vaccination status.
- Read the task's detailed instructions and signs posted at the task site and follow directions given by management while on site
You are responsible for canceling your scheduled tasks. It is very important that you cancel tasks at least 6 hours in advance to avoid any breaches to your account. Incurring breaches to your account will result in your account being restricted.
Help Center Articles regarding canceling a task and account status:
🔗 How do I cancel a task?
🔗 What happens if I cancel a scheduled task?
🔗 How do I cancel a task? What happens if I cancel a scheduled task?
🔗 What does Probation or Watchlist mean? / Tasker Classifications
🔗 I Can’t Make It To My Scheduled Task. What Should I Do?
🔗 What Is The Hyer Standard?