We are aware of an issue where some Android users are sometimes not able to enter either their email or phone number when attempting to set up their Stripe account.
How Can we fix it?
Two things to check:
- Ensure you are not letting your phone autofill your email address or phone number. Please manually type it.
- If you have the Grammarly keyboard installed on your phone, you would need to disable this, as there is an error that will not allow Stripe to capture what you are trying to enter if this keyboard is being used. You will need to use your phone's default keyboard.
If you'd like to turn off the Grammarly keyboard for Android, please follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Go to Language and Input > Keyboards > Manage Keyboards.
- Then, switch off Grammarly.