When a Customer uses the Dispute feature in the app, it is because the Tasker has requested payment but did not show to the task or did not work the task. You can only dispute a task if you edit the amount to zero and select a reason other than no-show (marking it as a no-show will breach the Tasker and mark the task as Not Executed). Selecting any other reason (other than no-show) will dispute the task and give the Tasker a breach.
What about if a Tasker requested more than they worked?
Let's say the task was posted for 6.5 hours, but the Tasker requests to be paid for 7 hours. We would want to edit the amount worked to reflect what actually took place. Once you edit a task and confirm payment, the Tasker may try and dispute the amount (In that case, you would be notified via an alert in the app and note your comments on what took place.) To learn how to edit/change a payment amount, click 👉️ here!
How can I see if a Tasker disputes a task?
You will see a notification in the Alerts ⚠️ tab. Disputed tasks will appear in the Active Folder in the Task tab.
When to Dispute a Task?
- When the Tasker is claiming that they worked the full amount of time (or deliveries/activities) but did not work
- Tasker did not work the activity in its entirety (didn’t condition/stock the aisles as directed or left items that could have been stocked but weren’t)
When should you Not Dispute a Task?
When a Tasker requests more time hour activities than they worked (they did work the task), just edit the amount worked to reflect what actually took place.
How do I dispute a task when the Tasker didn't work it?
- Access the task by going through the Alert tab or finding it by going to the Tasks tab (Under the 'Active' folder)
- Click on the purple bubble that says 'Review & verify Payment'
- Edit the 'Actual (Editable)' field to zero hours
- You'll see it confirms that you edited the number of hours to zero. Click the purple bubble again that says 'Review & verify Payment'
- You will see it confirm the Task ID, Task Location, Date & Time, and Duration
- Scroll down ↓ and select the appropriate reason (Hyer Assist) and fill out the 'Explain Below' section
- Fill out the 'My task was' section and hit the purple bubble that says 'Submit Dispute'
What happens after I dispute a task?
After you dispute a task, the Tasker assigned will get a notification. There may be times when the Tasker may write into our support team, which may result in someone from Customer Support or Field Operations reaching out to you to clarify what happened. If you had a poor experience with the Tasker, you might also want to fill out the Internal Notes.
Can a Tasker dispute a task?
Yes. Click 👉️ here to learn more about why a Tasker might dispute the payment.