There will be times when you need to cancel a Tasker and would NOT want to issue a breach on their account. These may include scenarios where the expected shipment didn't come in, and there isn't anything to stock, or something internally with your company happened, and you have to adjust to having the Tasker come on a different day.
It is important to recognize when you should and should not issue a breach to the Tasker's account. Giving the Tasker a breach may restrict the Tasker's account (can't apply to any new tasks.) Click 👉️ here to learn more about everything breaches!
😎️Tips and Best Practises for Canceling Tasks
Canceling tasks can affect a lot of things, from the Taskers trying to get accepted or apply to a task last minute to your fill rate dropping. Remember, these Taskers are looking forward to earning that income, and losing out on a task may cause frustration on their end. Leaving tasks open or letting them expire without selecting a Tasker may affect how many Taskers want to apply in the future.
- If you find yourself canceling a lot of tasks last minute or if you need help learning how to gauge how often and how many tasks to post, reach out to your field operations liaison or contact customer support 📩️ to get you connected with someone.
- If you have to cancel a Tasker because of something internally, view your options to select the applicable reason the task was canceled. You can cancel the Tasker where they will or won’t receive a breach to their account.
- If you have to cancel the Tasker because the shipment didn't arrive or the carts aren't ready, and you want that Tasker to come back on a different day, cancel the task and then send them a private task for the correct day. This ensures a Tasker won’t work on a non-scheduled task.
How do I Cancel a Scheduled Tasker?
- Click the ellipses in the upper right-hand corner of the task
- Select "Cancel this Tasker" (this will not issue a breach and will keep the task open for other applicants), or if you choose “Cancel this Tasker and Delete Task," it will cancel the Tasker without a breach and delete the task, so no other Taskers may apply
- For the Reason: Click “Unschedule Tasker; No Policy Breach” (selecting any other option will give the Tasker a breach)
- Fill out the reason why you are canceling the Tasker without a breach (shipment didn’t arrive, the Tasker’s car broke down, etc.
- Hit “Submit”
What happens when I cancel a task?
The Tasker will receive a notification 🔔️ alerting them that the task has been canceled. That task will move to the archived section within the task tab.