To enable Geotagging for photos for IOS (iPhone):
- Go to your phone's 'Settings'
- Click on 'Privacy & Security'
- Make sure Location Services is On
- Go to 'Camera'
- Find the Hyer app and toggle 'On'
To enable Geotagging for photos for Android phones:
- Go to 'Settings'
- Click 'Privacy'
- Select 'Location' or 'Location and Security' (for some versions) - make sure Location Services is turned On
- Within the same screen, there will be the 'App permissions' option just right below it - Click on it to proceed then a list of apps will appear.
- Scroll down to find the Camera app, click on it, then set it to 'Allowed All The Time'
📌Keep in mind that with an Android device only, if you need to upload pictures for a survey, you must use the Photo app. If you attempt to upload a picture from the Gallery app, it will error out. Click 👉 here to learn how to change your default photo app.
Changing your default setting from the Gallery app to the Photos app
- Swipe down from the top of the phone to select the 'Setting' icon
- Scroll down and select 'Apps'
- Next to the search bar, click the three vertical dots and hit 'Default apps'
- Tap the default that you want to change - If it shows that the Gallery app is your default, you will want to change go to the Photo app and choose that as your default
To enable location services for the Hyer app, follow these steps on your iOS (iPhone):
- Go to your phone's Settings'
- Click on 'Location Services'
- Scroll through your list of apps until you see 'Hyer'
- Tap 'Always'
📌Note that if 'Location' is grayed out, you will need to go back to your Settings and select Privacy and turn Location Services On.
To enable location services for the Hyer app, follow these steps on your Android phone:
- Go to 'Settings'
- Click on 'Apps'
- Select the Hyer app
- Click 'Permissions'
- Select 'Locations'
- Choose 'Allow all the time'
📌 Note that you may be able to hold down the Hyer app icon, select 'App Info', then 'Permissions', and lastly select 'Location Permission' to check 'Allow all the time'. You may also have to toggle on Precise location.